Applying for grants is now easier than ever
through our new Online Grants Portal.
*Please note: Previous, older versions of CFNEM grant applications will no longer be accepted.
ICCF Community Improvement Application Guidelines
Iosco County Community Foundation (ICCF) welcomes your grant application. Please review these guidelines before beginning your application. If at any time during the application process you have questions, please feel free to contact the Community Foundation program staff at 877-354-6881. We would be happy to help you!
ICCF Community Improvement Grant Deadline: May 1
Community Improvement Grant Focus Areas
The ICCF Board of Directors has identified several areas of interest for grantmaking. Preference for funding may be given to projects that address needs in the following areas:
- Education: parenting skills programs, STEM programs, entrepreneurship & business skills, and trade schools programs;
- Human Services: mental health programs, child abuse prevention programs, and homelessness programs;
- Workforce Development: programs which bring or retain quality employees, employers, and provide training;
- Environment: Great Lakes education and protection; water quality programs; plastics reduction; and recycling programs.
Grants for ALL types of charitable programs will be considered for funding; however, preference may be given to those that fall within the scope of our Iosco County Grantmaking Focus.
A Final Grant Report will also be required upon completion of your project if it has been awarded funding. This information will be sent to you with any grant notification.
About funds available
- Applicants may submit requests up to a maximum of $5,000 per application cycle unless otherwise indicated.
- If your organization is awarded a grant, a check for the full amount of the grant will be sent within two weeks of the date of grant approval, provided your organization's executive director has signed and submitted the grant agreement (emailed at the time of grant award notification). Final grant reporting is required.*Please note, this applies only to grants awarded December 13, 2022 or later. For grants prior to this date, visit our How to Get Your Grant Paid section.
- Community Improvement Grant applications are reviewed once a year.
- For grants awarded December 13, 2022 or later, grants are normally paid in full within two weeks of grant approval.
About allocation decisions
- A Grant Screening Committee comprised of ICCF board members makes all allocation recommendations. No staff member votes on decisions regarding fund allocations.
- All recommendations for allocations must be approved by vote of the Board of Trustees at their monthly meeting following the application deadline.
You may use our budget sample to assist you in completing the budget section of your application. (Budget Sample PDF) 59kb
If you are unable to access pdf files, you may contact our office and we will send you a complete application packet.