You know your clients. We know philanthropy.
Together we can ensure your clients make the best decisions for making a difference in northeast Michigan for the communities they love. We’ve developed our financial policies to optimize the impact of every gift and to simplify the giving process. We manage funds carefully and invest wisely.
Please let us know how we can help you aid your clients in charitable gifts and planned giving.
Points to consider:
- Your client may be looking to make a significant charitable gift during their lifetime, possibly through gifts of cash or stock, or perhaps even through a Required Minimum Distribution from an IRA.
- Your client might wish to make a planned gift to benefit a cause near to their heart through a bequest to a favorite charity.
- In either case, there are numerous types of funds to consider through the Community Foundation, which can be a solid choice for your client’s charitable dollars. Some allow your clients to remain involved in grant making, if that is their desire. Their intent, name and original wishes will be maintained in perpetuity.
- The Community Foundation provides your clients with the freedom to give outright gifts of cash, stock, closely-held securities, real estate, or personal property and receive maximum tax benefits—all while helping the community now and forever.
- Additionally, your clients have the ability to make deferred gifts through life insurance policies, charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities while gaining tax and financial benefits.
- Clients may believe a private foundation is their only option for long-term involvement with assets they set aside for charitable purposes. In reality, the Community Foundation offers numerous advantages for giving that provide ways for them to stay engaged in giving, while avoiding many of the hassles of private foundation management.
- Clients who already have a private foundation may find there are several benefits in converting it to a fund at the Community Foundation and avoiding some of the hassles (and costs) of private foundation management.
Let us help YOU
- Charitable planning with your clients is good business. It broadens and differentiates your services, helps create a strong bond with your clients, and serves your clients and the community.
- Among the many advantages of working with us, the Community Foundation for Northeast Michigan and its affiliates offer the professional advisor:
A cost-free resource for charitable planning
Since 1974, we have worked with estate planners, financial advisors, accountants and attorneys to help their clients with charitable planning.
A philanthropic partner that embraces your practice
We never look to eclipse your role—we want to enhance it. We all benefit from the strongest possible relationship between you and your client. We can work entirely in the background or attend meetings with you. It's your choice.