Applying for grants is now easier than ever
through our new Online Grants Portal.
*Please note: Previous, older versions of CFNEM grant applications will no longer be accepted.
JANUARY 15 &
Community Impact Grant Application Guidelines
ABOUT YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Your organization must provide benefits to those within the geographic area of Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, or Presque Isle County.
- Your organization must be recognized as a non-profit charitable organization under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code. (Schools and government agencies are also eligible. Grants to religious organizations will be considered only if they serve the general public and do not have religious overtones of a sectarian nature.)
- You will be asked to provide your organization's EIN.
- No grants are made to individuals.
ABOUT YOUR PROJECT
- Grants are made for future projects only. No funding will be given for projects completed before final board approval. Board approval is usually within six (6) weeks of the grant deadline. Grants are not made for routine operating needs or budget deficits.
- Proposals seeking "seed money" for projects that are new, dynamic and that show funding support from additional organizations are given stronger consideration.
- The Community Foundation discourages repeated applications for sustained funding of programs.
ABOUT FUNDS AVAILABLE
- Applicants may submit requests up to a maximum of $5,000 per application cycle unless otherwise indicated.
- If your organization is awarded a grant, a check for the full amount of the grant will be sent within two weeks of the date of grant approval, provided your organization's executive director has signed and submitted the grant agreement (emailed at the time of grant award notification). Final grant reporting is required.*Please note, this applies only to grants awarded December 13, 2022 or later. For grants prior to this date, visit our How to Get Your Grant Paid section.
- Community Impact Grant applications are reviewed two times each year.
- Completed applications must be submitted by January 15 and July 15.
- For grants awarded December 13, 2022 or later, grants are normally paid in full within two weeks of grant approval.
ABOUT ALLOCATION DECISIONS
- A Grant Screening Committee comprised of CFNEM board members makes all allocation recommendations. No staff members vote on decisions regarding fund allocations.
- All recommendations for allocations must be approved by vote of the Board of Trustees at their monthly meeting following the application deadline.
- You may use our budget example to assist you in completing the budget section of your application. (Budget Sample PDF) 60kb
- Download blank Excel budget