Community Impact Guidelines
Applying for grants is now easier than ever through our new Online Grants Portal. *Please note: Previous, older versions of CFNEM grant applications will no longer be accepted.
Apply for Grants
Community Impact Grant Application Guidelines
Grant deadlines: January 15 and July 15
ABOUT YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Your organization must provide benefits to those within the geographic area of Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, or Presque Isle County.
- Your organization must be recognized as a non-profit charitable organization under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code. (Schools and government agencies are also eligible. Grants to religious organizations will be considered only if they serve the general public and do not have religious overtones of a sectarian nature.)
- You will be asked to provide your organization's EIN.
- No grants are made to individuals.
ABOUT YOUR PROJECT
- Grants are made for future projects only. No funding will be given for projects completed before final board approval. Board approval is usually within six (6) weeks of the grant deadline. Grants are not made for routine operating needs or budget deficits.
- Proposals seeking "seed money" for projects that are new, dynamic and that show funding support from additional organizations are given stronger consideration.
- The Community Foundation discourages repeated applications for sustained funding of programs.
ABOUT FUNDS AVAILABLE
- Applicants may submit requests up to a maximum of $5,000 per application cycle unless otherwise indicated.
- For accounting purposes, all allocated funds are disbursed upon receipt of documentation of the expenditures.
- Community Impact Grant applications are reviewed two times each year.
- Completed applications must be submitted by January 15 and July 15.
- Grants are normally paid within one year of approval. If necessary, a written/emailed request may be submitted for a six (6) month extension.
ABOUT ALLOCATION DECISIONS
- A Grant Screening Committee comprised of CFNEM board members makes all allocation recommendations. No staff members vote on decisions regarding fund allocations.
- All recommendations for allocations must be approved by vote of the Board of Trustees at their monthly meeting following the application deadline.
Apply for grants