The North Central Michigan Community Foundation (NCMCF) recently awarded 11 new grants totaling $20,851 to local nonprofits for programs and projects benefiting residents of Crawford, Ogemaw, and Oscoda Counties. The NCMCF Board of Trustees approved the 2023 Community Impact Grants on August 15.
Grants awarded include:
- $2,500 to the AuSable Valley Community Mental Health Authority for wellness incentives for motivating clients to attain health and fitness goals.
- $2,500 to Max-Well Therapy Center, an animal assisted therapy center for children, for facility renovations to allow for year-round use.
- $2,500 to Ogemaw Hills Community of Caring for a personal care closet that will supply Durable Medical Equipment to Ogemaw Hills Free Clinic clients.
- $2,500 to West Branch-Rose City Schools for a "Kids Against Hunger” food packaging event.
- $2,000 to Headwaters Land Conservancy for a landowner environmental stewardship workshop to educate people on invasive species and conservation efforts.
- $2,475 to The Coalition of H.O.P.E. for its Rockn' for Hope Music Festival.
- $2,120 to Whispering Hope Ranch Ministries for scholarships for a summer horseback riding camp for children.
- $1,500 to Mio AuSable Schools for an after-school art club.
- $1,500 to Crawford County Community Christian Help Center for Christmas meals serving over 200 families in need.
- $756 to The Sunset Project for its FOCUS 45 Photography Contest.
- $500 to Pegasus Springs Therapeutic Riding Center for capacity building support.
NCMCF Community Impact Grants come from the Crawford County Community Needs Endowment Fund, Ogemaw County Community Needs Endowment Fund, Oscoda County Community Needs Endowment Fund and Monnie Orr Memorial Fund. Funding for some health-related grants also comes from the Crawford, Ogemaw and Oscoda Tobacco Settlement Funds, as well as the Ogemaw County Health Care Initiative Fund and Oscoda County Health Care Initiative Fund.
The North Central Michigan Community Foundation is a charitable organization that serves as a catalyst and resource to inspire private giving for the betterment of Crawford, Ogemaw and Oscoda Counties. Led by a volunteer board of local citizens, the foundation oversees a group of permanent endowment funds from a wide range of donors. Gifts of all sizes from individuals, families and businesses are invested in a balanced, well-managed portfolio to build endowments, enabling support for local community nonprofits now and forever. To donate or learn more about how community foundations work, visit ncmcf.org.