Iosco County Community Foundation Scholarships
Apply for Scholarships
If you want to apply for Community Foundation scholarships, you are at the right place! Please read the following information carefully before accessing the "AwardSpring" Scholarship Application.
Each scholarship application submitted will be carefully reviewed to make sure students are considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible. There are many scholarship funds for students and adults who live in or have gone to school in Iosco County, thanks to many generous local donors who care about your future!
Now is a great time to gather some important information that you may need to complete the online application process, depending on the particular scholarship(s) for which you are eligible. Several of the scholarships funds have varying application requirements, so you may not be required to submit all items listed below. Most of these items also are required for applications to college so you may have them compiled already.
- A copy of your high school and college transcript(s), if applicable. (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable as long as they are clearly labeled with your name, current academic year, cumulative GPA, and name of school attended.)
- GED certificate or high school diploma if applicable
- One current letter of recommendation from someone other than family, who will address your skills, strengths and other relevant information.
- Academic awards and recognition
- Athletic awards and recognition
- Extra-curricular school activities and related awards and recognition
- Community involvement/volunteer experience
- Work experience
- Family/home responsibilities
- Other information may be needed depending on specific criteria for a particular scholarship fund.
- The Foundation's online scholarship website is not intended for children under the age of 13. These applicants must fill out a hard copy form available from our office, and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to apply.
- You may be asked to declare your school of choice by April 1st or risk losing an award.
- Your application may be disqualified if provided information is found to be inaccurate.