Pre-Application Questionnaire WGC Grant Application
Grant Application Instructions
Please read through the following requirements carefully before continuing your application.
- Complete the Pre-Application Questionnaire.
- Complete the WGC Grant Application. If you reproduce this form on your computer, be sure not to exceed six (6) numbered pages.
- Do not include additional materials unless specifically requested in the attachments. Report covers, folders, binders, and excess information are unnecessary and are removed before applications are sent to the WGC Screening Committee.
- Be sure to secure the appropriate signatures from your organization (i.e., executive director or person in charge of the organization) before your application is submitted.
- If your application is handwritten, please be sure it is legible and written in ink.
- The WGC grant application is in PDF format. You may complete this form online and save it to your computer. If you choose to submit your application via email, you will need to print the Cover Sheet of your application and mail it to the CFNEM office with the appropriate signatures.
If you have any questions about the grant application process, please feel free to contact a Foundation program staff member at 989-354-6881 (toll free 877-354-6881). We would be happy to help you!
The WGC Grant deadline is July 1 (if this date falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the grant deadline is the first regular business day in July.)
About Your Organization
- Your organization must provide benefits to those within the geographic area of Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency or Presque Isle County.
- Your organization must be recognized as a non-profit charitable organization under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code. (Schools and government agencies are also eligible. Grants to religious organizations will be considered only if they serve the general public and do not have religious overtones of a sectarian nature.)
- No grants are made to individuals.
About Your Project
- Grants are made for future projects only. No funding will be given for projects completed before final board approval. Board approval for WGC grants is the second Tuesday of September.
- The WGC screening committee reviews grants based on their perception of the issues most important to the women of Northeast Michigan.
- The Community Foundation discourages repeated applications for sustained funding of programs.
About Funds Available
- Applicants may request up to $3,000 for the July grant cycle.
- For accounting purposes, all allocated funds are disbursed upon receipt of documentation of the expenditures.
- WGC grants are reviewed one time a year.
- Completed applications must be submitted to the CFNEM office by July 1. Applications may also be mailed to CFNEM, 100 N. Ripley, Suite F, P.O. Box 495, Alpena, MI 49707, if postmarked by the deadline. (If the first day of the month falls on a weekend, applications will be accepted at the CFNEM office on the first regular business day of July.)
- If you will be submitting your application online you will need to print the Cover Sheet of your application and mail it to our office. Please note: online/email submissions must be received by the deadline date. If you cannot be sure your email will reach us by July 1, please fax your cover sheet by the deadline date.
- Grants are normally paid within one year of approval. If necessary, a written request may be submitted for a six (6) month extension.
About Allocation Decisions
- A Grant Screening Committee comprised of Northeast Michigan Women's Giving Circle (WGC) members (donors to the WGC fund) determine grant awards. No staff members vote on decisions regarding fund allocations.
- All recommendations for allocations must be approved by vote of the Board of Trustees at their monthly meeting following the application deadline.
If you are unable to access pdf files, please contact our office at 989-354-6881 or toll-free: 877-354-6881. We will be glad to send you a complete application packet. You may fill the application out online and save it to your computer. When completed, you may mail your application to the Community Foundation, submit it online or send it by email.To contact CFNEM by email, send inquiries to Laurie Nugent at firstname.lastname@example.org.