2. If you are unable to use your funds by the time of your reminder, send an email requesting a 6 month extension. This extension is 6 months from your EXPIRATION DATE (not the date you request it). Here is a sample of a simple email to send.
Dear Kara or Laurie (depending on your grant),
I am writing to request a six month extension of my grant “NAME OF GRANT”, Grant # “2021XXXX” for $XXXX. My grant expiration date is XX/XX/XXXX.
Name of Contact on the Grant
3. Sign and send your Grant Agreement ASAP. We cannot pay any invoices without this document. It’s best to just get it signed right away and sent back to us so it’s on file and you don’t have to track down the powers-that-be to get your payment processed.
4. To utilize your grant money , you can submit your receipts and invoices for reimbursement one of three ways:
5. When submitting your receipts or invoices it is very helpful to include as much of the following as possible:
IMPORTANT: Remember, you can only submit receipts or invoices dated AFTER the date of grant approval.
You are also able to submit an invoice from your vendor and we can pay them directly for you. This works well if you are buying bulk equipment, instruments, uniforms, etc. Just make sure you send the invoice from the vendor and let us know this is a payment to them (as opposed to a reimbursement to you).
6. We also have available an Excel spreadsheet template for you to keep track of your grant deadlines and payment info. This will come in handy especially if you have multiple grants you are tracking. If this is something you could use, just request one from us, and we will email it to you.
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns at all. We at the Community Foundation for Northeast Michigan are always here to help! We appreciate all you do for our community!